Creative Cypher is a non-profit media and creative incubator dedicated to giving Chicago-based creatives opportunities that go way beyond your average networking event. Michael Issac and Founder Troy Pryor discuss how they formed Creative Cypher to address the needs of Chicago-based actors, comedians, film industry professionals, musicians and other creatives who want to build a career without leaving home. Learn more about the Creative Cypher model, how aspiring film and media professionals can approach Hollywood with something to offer, and why it is important for local artists in Chicago and beyond to bring the industry back to their neighborhoods.
This episode is brought to you with gracious support from Warby Parker Eyewear. Listeners of this episode of the Highwater Podcast can receive a free 5-Day Home Try-On from Warby Parker. Tune in to find out how.
- The importance of approaching acting roles as a producer as well as a performer. Make sure that the quality is there.
- It doesn't matter where you are, your brand is your responsibility.
- Actors have to write and create collaborative connections.
- Most jobs in the film and media industry are below the line. Educating people about the business of film is important.
- Approach the industry offering something, as oppose to begging for something.
- If someone wants to sign you for a million dollars, you're probably worth ten." - Troy Pryor [Tweet this]
More Info/Connect With Our Guests
Show Notes: Coming Soon